Tragic Mistakes When Adopting TDD
My January 2010 DDJ Agile Update, Tragic Mistakes When Adopting Test Driven Development (TDD) , is now online. In the article I summarize what I consider to be common, and tragic, mistakes that I'm
seeing organizations make when they attempt to adopt TDD.
- Not providing sufficient training, education, and
- Not supporting pair programming
- Not reducing the creation of
non-executable detailed speculations early in the project
- Not reducing the confirmatory testing being done by
their independent QA/testing team
- Completely reducing initial requirements envisioning and architecture envisioning
- Completely reducing parallel independent testing
article also goes into potential benefits of TDD as well as
potential challenges that you're face when adopting it.